Cannon's Auctioneers have been trading in Pietermaritzburg since 1943. The 4th generation family business is one of South Africa’s leading auction houses specializing in Antiques, Fine Art, Collectables and allied treasures.
We conduct regular Catalogued Auctions and weekly Non-Catalogued General Household auctions on our premises.
Are you looking for a specific rare item that you have not been able to find? Would you like to be placed on our mailing list? Email us and we will do the rest!
With our team of qualified auctioneers, a government appointed appraiser and specialists in the above-mentioned fields we are able to offer a wide range of professional services. Please contact us if you are buying or selling and we promise you the extra bid.
Terms & Conditions
Cannon & Cannon always strives to provide our clients with the best possible service. As such, please take note of the Consumer Protection Act and the following Terms & Conditions.
- Each bid will be an offer to purchase and the party making the highest accepted bid will be the Purchaser. The sale to become complete on acceptance of the bid by the Auctioneer at a reserved price or controlled price, as indicated by the fall of the hammer or otherwise. The advance in the bidding will be regulated by the Auctioneer who will have the sole right of deciding who was the last bidder. In the event of a dispute between two or more bidders the lot in question may be put up and resold at the discretion of the Auctioneer. The Buyer shall be bound by all announcements made by the Auctioneer at the commencement of and during the sale whether present or not at the time of making.
- The Auctioneer may, at his discretion and without assigning any reason therefore, refuse a bid or withdraw an article either before or after it has been put up for auction.
- The Auctioneer shall have the option of demanding cash on acceptance of the bid, as above, and failing payment, may cancel the sale, and offer the articles again by auction.
- ALL ARTICLES SHALL BE SOLD AS THEY ARE AND THE AUCTIONEERS DO NOT HOLD THEMSELVES RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, DEFICIENCY, OR ERROR OF DESCRIPTION, GENUINENESS OR AUTHENTICITY OF OR ANY DEFAULT IN ANY LOT, AND NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE WHATEVER IS GIVEN OR IMPLIED. A BID SHALL BE TAKEN AS PROOF THAT THE BIDDER HAS MADE HIM OR HERSELF ACQUAINTED WITH THE LOT FOR WHICH HE OR SHE BIDS.
- No articles shall be removed without the consent of the Auctioneer. Each lot will be at the risk of the Purchaser as soon as knocked down, and shall be removed and settled for in terms of the conditions otherwise a charge will be made for warehouse rent.
- ALL ARTICLES MAY BE PAID FOR IN CASH OR BY CREDIT CARD, FAILING WHICH 10% FOR COLLECTION AND INTEREST AT 28% PER ANNUM WILL BE CHARGED.
- Should the Purchaser or Purchasers neglect or fail to comply with any of the above conditions, the property may be resold either by Public or Private Sale, at the risk of the Defaulter or Defaulters who shall bear all expenses incurred by such resale, and without benefiting thereby. The Defaulter or Defaulters shall also be responsible for all loss or damage and shall make good all deficiency.
- The Auctioneers Vendue Roll of Sale is final. No dispute will be taken into consideration as to the correctness of same.
- Buyers commission fixed at 15% VAT incl.
- VAT at the at the prevailing rate will be charged on all goods assigned to Cannon & Cannon by registered Vendors. Such items will be clearly indicated by *** in the catalogue.
- All purchases to be paid for by way of cash, credit card or bank guaranteed cheque, on the day of sale.
- Commission and telephone bids. Whilst the interests of prospective buyers are best served by attendance at auction, Cannon’s may execute bids on behalf of prospective buyers. Neither Cannon’s nor its agents or employees are responsible for any neglect or default relating to commission and telephone bids, including without limitation, any telecommunications errors or failures.
- Cannon & Cannon do not have storage facilities. Goods must be removed at the purchasers expense within 5 working days of the auction, failing which Cannon & Cannon reserve the right to move the items to warehouse storage at the purchasers risk and expense, and to levy a charge of R10 per lot per day from the date of sale.
- Any machinery, plant, equipment, or any item of whatsoever nature will be rendered safe by the Buyer (or his agent) before being put to use. The Buyer will not hold the Auctioneers or the Seller responsible for any injuries which may occur from the use of such machinery, plant, equipment, or other item.
This can be updated to whatever?
This can be updated to whatever?